TAM Organics: Commercial Composting Pickup Now Available For Bennington and Rutland Area Businesses!
Our commercial food and farm composting facility in Bennington is thriving. 425 tons of food scrap are now making great compost soil for Spring 2015! Sign up now and join TAM in reducing the waste stream while recovering resources and increasing our area’s sustainability. Did you know that composting just one 5 gallon bucket of food scraps offsets the greenhouse gases produced by burning 1 gallon of gasoline? We pick up right from your business, provide the containers, and do all the work. Call the TAM office or sign up below for a free estimate. Let’s all do our part to leave a better place for our children.
What You Can Compost:
- All commercial food scraps, including meats, bones, shells, tea bags, coffee grounds and filters
- Paper napkins, paper towels, paper wrappers
- Chipped wood and brush
- Most plant waste, such as produce trim, crop cleanup, leaves, straw and hay
- Most animal manures
What Not to Compost:
- Plastics such as wrappers, bags, straws and packaging
- Fruit and vegetable PLU stickers
- All recyclables, such as cardboard and boxboard, plastics #1-7, aluminum and tin cans, bottles and clean office paper. (TAM will pick your recyclables up too, in a separate container.)
Get a Free Estimate:
Organic (compostable) materials make up a significant part of our waste stream. Like everyone becoming more aware of our impact on the environment, climate and depleted soils, TAM is taking the next step in “going green with garbage.” Since our compost project began, Vermont has also mandated that organics be completely removed from the waste stream by 2020. We are proud to offer a professional TAM facility in our area to take on that job at no cost to the public.