Did you know that composting just one 5 gallon bucket of food scraps offsets the greenhouse gases produced by burning 1 gallon of gasoline? Let’s all do our part to leave a better place for our children.
Sign up now with TAM’s commercial food and farm composting facility in Bennington, and join us in reducing the waste stream while recovering resources and increasing our area’s sustainability. We pick up right from your business, provide the containers, and do all the work. Call the TAM office for a free estimate or use the form below.
Organic (compostable) materials make up a significant part of our waste stream. Like everyone becoming more aware of our impact on the environment, climate and depleted soils, TAM is taking the next step in “going green with garbage.” Since TAM’s compost project began, Vermont has mandated that organics be completely removed from the waste stream by 2020. We are proud to offer a professional TAM facility in our area to take on that job at no cost to the public.
TAM can now also provide rich local bulk compost to area farmers, gardeners and landscapers at very reasonable prices. READ MORE
What You Can Compost:
- All commercial food scraps, including meats, bones, shells, tea bags, coffee grounds and filters
- Chipped wood and brush
- Most plant waste, such as produce trim, crop cleanup, leaves, straw and hay
- Most animal manures
What Not to Compost:
- Plastics such as wrappers, bags, straws and packaging
- Paper napkins, towels or wrappers
- Fruit and vegetable PLU stickers
- Commercial flowers, lawn clippings or plant debris from roadways (likely to have chemical pesticides, fertilizers or other contamination)
- All recyclables, such as cardboard and boxboard, plastics #1-7, aluminum and tin cans, bottles and clean office paper. (TAM will pick your recyclables up too, in a separate container.)